© 2017 O'Hara, Eileen
Turn left and follow the verge
It should not be forgotten that this is a former settlement site where people have lived since the beginning of the 1940's and as such is part of the personal history of many local people. This part of the camp contained the Barnard Castle Garrison Churches (RC & C of E) and Stainton Camp County Junior Mixed and Infant School which closed in the mid 1970s. In more recent times this area was one those on the former camp used by travellers on their way to and from Appleby Fair.